Aims and Objectives
The aims of Springer Rescue for Scotland are that every Springer Spaniel in Scotland should have the chance of a happy, fulfilled life in an appropriate home, and that every person or family that owns a springer should find this to be a positive experience, and one that enhances their quality of life.
Chairman, Springer Rescue for Scotland
Springer Rescue for Scotland will facilitate the rehoming and rescuing of springer spaniels by putting in place and maintaining an administrative process and a network of volunteers to manage the following:
- receiving information that a springer needs to be rehomed or rescued
- assessing that dog in its own home, or in other circumstances
- providing transport and foster care for dogs, as required
- receiving offers of homes for springers, and assessing those potential homes
- matching rescue/rehoming springers with the most appropriate new home
Springer Rescue for Scotland will recognise that while the majority of dogs that we rehome will be pets, some will be happier and more fulfilled living as working dogs, particularly in rural areas of Scotland.
Springer Rescue for Scotland will provide any necessary veterinary support for dogs in their care, including vet check, tick, flea, worm treatment and microchipping as necessary before rehoming. When necessary, Springer Rescue for Scotland will provide ongoing veterinary support to facilitate the rehoming of elderly or infirm dogs.
Springer Rescue for Scotland will encourage and support responsible ownership by providing information and education to owners by whatever legitimate means it considers appropriate.
Springer Rescue for Scotland will support our activities by:
- Developing and updating a website to promote our work, facilitate communication, and provide education
- Promoting and publicising our activities by any legitimate means we feel appropriate,
- Fundraising by any legitimate means we feel appropriate
- Liaising with other like-minded animal welfare organisations, and any other organisation where we believe that a co-operative approach will further our aims
Springer Rescue for Scotland will strive to behave in a non-judgmental way, so that anyone, in any circumstances, can feel safe to approach us to help a Springer Spaniel.
Springer Rescue for Scotland will be Scotland based, but will both receive dogs from and rehome dogs to the rest of the UK and Ireland if that is considered to be in the dog’s best interest.